Once the employer is notified of a positive drug screen the process will go as follows:
- Company will complete an EAP Supervisory Referral form and fax it to the Employee Assistance Program. Information included should be job performance issues, drug screen results, etc.
- EAP will assess the client through both a SASSI and a face-to-face psychosocial interview.
- EAP will determine a level of treatment necessary for the employee.
- EAP will provide written correspondence with employer POC with EAP recommendations and a Return-to-Work agreement and Treatment agreement.
- EAP will connect the employee with the appropriate level of treatment and have releases signed for that provider allowing the EAP to monitor the employee’s compliance with treatment recommendations.
- EAP will determine the date for a return-to-work drug screen. The drug screen will be conducted by St. Elizabeth Business Health for a 5 or 10 panel-Non-DOT or DOT follow-up drug screen. Once the employee is connected with treatment and a clean drug screen is received, EAP will determine an eligible return-to-work date.
- EAP will provide written correspondence to the employer POC, as to the eligible return-to-work date.
- EAP will monitor the employee's compliance with treatment and report any non-compliance to employer POC immediately.
- Once the employee has successfully completed all recommendations, the EAP will provide written correspondence to employer POC, of their completion.