UPDATED VISITOR GUIDELINES
Effective Tuesday, June 8, updated inpatient visitor guidelines will be implemented for all St. Elizabeth Healthcare hospitals. Inpatient visitation will be two visitors per day during the established visiting hours.
Non-COVID-19 inpatients who are facing imminent death may receive up to eight visitors per day, with a maximum of four visitors at one time during the scheduled inpatient visitor timeframes.
COVID-19 positive inpatients may receive one visitor for one hour per day during the scheduled inpatient visitor timeframes. All visits should be coordinated with the charge nurse of the unit for COVID positive patients.
VISITORS WILL BE REQUIRED TO:
- Sign-in and -out upon entry and departure.
- While the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has updated masking guidance for individuals who are fully vaccinated, St. Elizabeth Healthcare and St. Elizabeth Physicians will continue to require masks that cover both the nose and mouth to be worn by everyone in clinical settings, regardless of vaccination status. Staff will wear medically appropriate masks, while patients and visitors are required to wear their own masks. Any person without proper face covering will be asked to use a surgical mask that will be provided to them by staff. Surgical masks and N-95 respirators are reserved for our healthcare workers and other first responders, as recommended by current CDC guidance.
- Temperature screen upon entry and answer symptomatic questions.
- Perform hand hygiene.
- Travel directly to/from the patient room.
- Maintain six feet of social distancing at all times during visit.