- Drug Free Workplace Policy
- Distribution of DFW Policy with employees signing receipts kept by the employer.
- Supervisory Training on Reasonable Suspicion (two hour minimum) – certificates and sign-in sheets of attendance to be kept in a file.
- Established Substance Abuse Professional for evaluations.
- Resources available for employees. (Example: EAP, list of telephone numbers)
- Randomly test 50% of your CD testing poll for the drug(s) outlined by DOT.
- Randomly test 10% of your CD testing poll for alcohol as outlined by DOT.
- Pre-employment drug screen all CDL holders.
- Post-accident screen all CDL holders as outlined by DOT.
- Obtain a two year history of drug testing for a potential CDL applicant prior to hire.
- Refresher training any time there is a significant regulation change.
Training for those who fall under DOT regulations. (Highly recommended – one hour) With a sign-in sheet kept in a file.