In the recipe below from the American Heart Association, a hint of parmesan cheese and black pepper make it the perfect fall side dish. And, with only 104 calories per serving (and six grams of fat), it’s a healthy alternative to heavy pastas or starchy vegetables that become more popular in the colder months.
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets (6 ounces)
- 2 tsp. grated, reduced-fat Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. chopped, fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cauliflower, cheese, parsley, garlic powder, and pepper. Season with salt. Toss to mix. Drizzle on the oil and toss again. Transfer the mixture to a small nonstick baking dish.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, tossing once, or until lightly browned and crisp-tender. Serve immediately.
- Nutritional Analysis Per serving:
- 104 Calories
- 6 g Total Fat
- <1 g Saturated Fat
- 5 mg Cholesterol
- 121 mg Sodium
- 11 g Carbohydrates
- 4 g Fiber
- 4 g Protein