St. Elizabeth Healthcare is proud to offer a Career Exploration Program to provide realistic experiences and learning opportunities to individuals interested in pursuing a career in healthcare. Within the Career Exploration Program participants will learn more about health career options and the skills and education required for different occupations. This experience is designed to be a one-time observation experience lasting only two to four hours. The Career Exploration Program does not fulfill any clinical or internship requirements; nor does it provide any hands-on experience. St. Elizabeth Healthcare will make every attempt to accommodate students’ interest but placement cannot be guaranteed.
Who is eligible to participate?
- High school juniors and seniors (must be 16 years of age and must provide written parent/legal guardian permission if less than 18 years of age)
- College students
- Individuals exploring second career
How do I participate?
If you meet the objectives to our program we welcome you to apply to the Career Exploration Program.
1. Complete the Online Career Exploration Application
2. Review the Medical Requirements listed below and obtain the necessary immunizations and/or records
- Birthdate prior to 1957; No immunizations records required
- Birthdate of 1957 or after: Obtain proof of immunizations
- Proof of 2 Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) and 2 Varicella immunizations, or proof that you have had the disease
- A TB skin test result within the past year. If you do not have the results of a recent TB test, you are responsible for getting a TB test on your own
3. Print and complete our Career Exploration Program packet.
4. Send all completed forms in the Career Exploration Program packet and immunization records to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (859)301-5179 within 60 days of application.
5. Allow 2-3 weeks for Human Resources to coordinate your job shadow date. If you have not received a date to shadow a healthcare professional within two weeks of submission, send a follow-up email to email@example.com.
6. Participate in the Career Exploration Program!