We are pleased you have chosen us for evaluation and treatment of your endocrine needs. Our mission is to provide comprehensive and compassionate care that improves the health of the people we serve. We look forward to meeting you. Below is some general information about your first visit with our team.
1. Please plan to be at the office 30 minutes prior to your appointment time to allow for time to fill out paperwork or download your patient history form here and bring it with you to your office visit. Click here to download the Patient History Form.
2. Bring your Insurance card, photo ID, and co-payment if applicable.
3. If your insurance requires a referral from your primary care physician, it is your responsibility to ensure this has been done BEFORE your first visit.
4. Please bring ALL of your medications with you in their ORIGINAL CONTAINERS so we may have an accurate list of what you are currently taking.
5. St. Elizabeth Healthcare and St. Elizabeth Physicians have upgraded to Electronic Medical Records. If the referring physician or your primary care physician is not affiliated with St. Elizabeth, please contact their office and make sure they fax/send any pertinent medical records. Our Medical Records fax number is (859) 655-8911.
6. Please contact any Endocrinologists that you have worked with in the past and make sure they fax/send any pertinent medical records. Our Medical Records fax number is (859) 655-8911.
7. If you are seeing one of the Endocrinologists for a general endocrine condition, you should plan for at least an hour for the visit from start to finish.
8. If you are seeing one of the Endocrinologists for Diabetes, you should plan for about 2 to 3 hours for the visit from start to finish. You will spend time with the endocrinologist and one of our Certified Diabetic Education nurses that day.
9. You will likely need blood work or testing done at your visit, but it is not necessary to be fasting. If a fasting test is indicated, it can be scheduled after your visit.
10. Please have accurate contact information for all physicians that you would like for us to contact after your initial visit.
11. If you have an appointment which you cannot keep, it is very important that you give us at least 48 hours notice to allow another patient to fill your time slot.