Communication is the way information is shared. It is vital for learning, working and social interactions. Impaired communication can affect every aspect of a person’s life. Communication disorders may affect a person’s speech, language or cognitive abilities.
The Speech Language Pathology Department offers a full range of speech, language and swallowing services for people of all ages. The goal of the Speech-Language Pathology Department is to provide services and education to prevent, identify, diagnose and treat communication, cognitive and swallowing disorders.
Each St. Elizabeth Healthcare Speech-Language Pathologist has earned a Master’s Degree, is state licensed, and holds a Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. The combined experience of our therapists represents over 70 years of serving people with communication and swallowing disorders.
- Adult Communicative and Cognitive Evaluations and Rehabilitation
- Assessment for Dyslexia/Language Learning Disabilities
- Clinical Dysphagia Evaluation
- Modified Barium Swallow Studies/Videoflouroscopy Studies
- Orton-Gillingham Academic Language Therapy
- Pediatric Speech-Language Evaluations and Treatment
- Videostroboscopy Evaluations
- Voice Therapy
- Voice Prosthesis Fittings and Treatment for Laryngectomy
Physician referrals are required for many procedures. For more information call (859) 301-5740. To schedule an appointment, call (859) 655-7400.