- 1 butternut squash
- Olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, cubed
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2/3 cup quinoa
- 5-10 pitted black olives, chopped (optional)
- 1 ¼ cup water
- 3 oz feta, cubed or crumbled
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Arrange the two halves of the butternut squash on a baking tray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little olive oil. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Sauté the zucchini and red pepper in a small amount of olive oil on medium heat.
- Add the tomato, olives, quinoa, oregano, black olives (if using) and water. Add salt to taste. Cook for about 10-15 minutes until the water has evaporated and the quinoa is cooked. Turn off the heat and add the feta cubes.
- When cooled, scoop out most of the squash, leaving a border and some on the bottom. Mix the scooped out squash with the veggies or save for another use. Spoon the veggie quinoa mix evenly between the two halves.
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on top and return to oven for 30 minutes.
Click here to view the recipe video on YouTube.