Craving comfort food but know that your usual options – pasta dishes with fattening sauces and cheese – may not be the best for your diet?
One-pan chicken bucatini is a lightened up version of your favorite Italian dish. With tomatoes and artichokes, reduced-fat feta cheese and rich Italian spices, this dish is sure to keep you full and satisfied all night long.
For these cold winter nights, snuggle up with the recipe below. Or, download the printable version here.
One-Pan Chicken Bucatini
30 min. | 4-6 servings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 15-oz cans diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
- 1/2 can of artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 16 oz whole-wheat Bucatini or fettucine pasta
- 4 ounces Parmesan or reduced-fat feta cheese, divided
- Fresh parsley or basil, finely chopped
- In a large pot with a lid, heat the olive oil and saute the chicken for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked through. Add salt and pepper (to taste).
- Add the diced tomatoes, artichoke hearts and water. Stir in the pasta and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Cover and let cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid, stir, then add half of the cheese. Stir once more, then let cook uncovered for 5 additional minutes. Serve warm, sprinkled with remaining cheese and fresh parsley or basil.
Recipe provided by St. Elizabeth Healthcare. To see more great recipes, click the button below.