Kidney pain

Updated: 2018-05-25

When to seek immediate medical care

See a doctor immediately if:

  • Sudden and severe
  • Blood in urine
  • Fever or chills

When to make a doctor's appointment

Make an appointment to see a doctor if:

  • One-sided pain that's constant or worsens
  • Body aches
  • Recent urinary tract infection