To download a pdf of this news release, please click here.
News Room: St. Elizabeth Weight Management Center Offers Mindful Eating Workshop
Florence, KY—Chronic dieters often find themselves trapped in an “eat-repent-repeat” cycle—first depriving, then craving, then overeating, then feeling guilty, and returning to prior habits. If you are finally ready to break free from this seemingly never ending cycle, then join Dr. Laurie Little, clinical psychologist, as she teaches you the “Am I Hungry®” mindful eating program.
The next eight-week workshop starts on Thursday, April 4 from 6 - 7 p.m. or Friday, April 5 from 10 - 11 a.m. at St. Elizabeth Florence. In this workshop, participants will:
- Learn to eat fearlessly, using their natural cues of hunger and fullness to guide them
- Rediscover when, what, and how much to eat without restrictive rules
- Resolve mindless and emotional eating
- Meet their needs without using food to cope, distract, or avoid issues
- Experience the pleasure of eating foods they love without guilt or bingeing
- Build a fun fitness program that boosts metabolism and increases energy
As part of the program, all participants will receive copies of Dr. Michelle May’s book, Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat: How to Break Your Eat-Repent-Repeat Cycle, and Am I Hungry?® Workbook and Awareness Journal.
Space is limited, so please call (859) 212-GOAL (4625) to reserve your place for the upcoming program.