News Room: St. Elizabeth Cancer Care Program Earns Top Level Quality of Care Re-Accreditation Rating from the Commission on Cancer
The Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS) has granted a Three-Year Accreditation with Commendation to the Cancer Care Programs at St. Elizabeth Edgewood and St. Elizabeth Ft. Thomas.
A facility receives a Three-Year Accreditation with commendation following a rigorous on-site evaluation process and performance review, led by a physician surveyor. The facility must demonstrate the highest level quality-of-care standards and represent the full scope of the cancer program; including cancer committee leadership, cancer data management, clinical services, research, community outreach, and quality improvement. To maintain accreditation, facilities with CoC-accredited cancer programs must undergo an on-site review every three years.
Receiving care at a CoC-accredited cancer program ensures that as a patient, you will have access to:
- Comprehensive care, including a range of state-of-the-art services and equipment.
- A multi-specialty team approach to coordinate the best treatment options.
- Information about ongoing clinical trials and new treatment options.
- Access to cancer-related information, education and support.
- A cancer registry that collects data on type and stage of cancers and treatment results and offers lifelong patient follow-up.
- Ongoing monitoring and improvement of care.
The mission of the St. Elizabeth Cancer Care Program is to provide each patient with comprehensive, holistic care and to achieve excellence as measured by both clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction.
We provide advanced surgical, radiation, and medical oncology (chemotherapy) services for the treatment of cancer. Our team of cancer care experts includes surgical, medical and radiation oncologists, medical physicists, registered radiation therapists, certified oncology nurses, social workers, registered dietitians, pastoral care staff and many others. The entire cancer care team offers highly specialized and comprehensive care in a warm and comfortable atmosphere.
For more information about the St. Elizabeth Cancer Care Program, please visit our website at www.stelizabeth.com/cancercare or call (859) 301-2238 or (859) 572-3298.