Power Lunches and Mammograms at St. Elizabeth Healthcare
At St. Elizabeth, we know that finding time to schedule a mammogram can be difficult to fit into your busy life. We’re here to help you make it a priority – with the extra perk of spending time with your girlfriends and learning more about women’s health.
Our Power Lunch program offers you and up to six friends:
- A screening mammogram
- Healthy and delicious meal, free of charge
- An opportunity to meet with a member of our Women’s Health team to hear about the latest developments in the women’s healthcare field
- Complimentary chair massage
When Should I Get a Mammogram?
If you’re over 40, you should have a screening mammogram every year, according to the American College of Radiology and the Society of Breast Imaging.
If you’re at greater risk of developing breast cancer — due to family history or other factors — talk to your doctor to find out when you should start scheduling mammograms.
Research has shown that women who have regular mammograms are:
- More likely to be diagnosed in the early stages of breast cancer.
- Less likely to need aggressive treatment, such as surgery to remove the entire breast (mastectomy) and chemotherapy.
- More likely to be cured.
Screening mammograms for patients 40 and older are typically covered under insurance. A physician’s referral is not necessary for a screening mammogram.
Schedule a Power Lunch today
The St. Elizabeth Power Lunch program makes it easy for you – and your friends – to check a screening mammogram off your to-do list, all while enjoying time together and getting the latest in women’s health news. Power Lunches are typically scheduled from 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
For more information or to schedule a Power Lunch for you and your friends or coworkers, please call (859) 655-8777.
Power Lunch Locations