The Northern Kentucky community is full of many wonderful resources that can help ease the emotional and financial stress of a breast cancer diagnosis, including:
- Cancer Family Care – offering support for the entire family when a loved one receives a cancer diagnosis.
- Cancer Support Community – offers free cancer support programming throughout the year in the TriState area.
- Financial resources to help with challenging aspects of cancer care, such as gas money or childcare payment assistance.
Your nurse navigator has a comprehensive list of all community partnerships and resources available to help our patients. You’re not alone – your community is rallying around you during this journey.
St. Elizabeth is proud to sponsor and participate in several community events related to breast cancer prevention, resources and research, including:
St. Elizabeth Cancer Resource Center
The St. Elizabeth Cancer Resource Center provides patients and their families with cancer care information, research resources and emotional support.
Services offered through the American Cancer Society include:
- Transportation assistance
- Free wigs – our Women’s Boutique features both donated and new wigs in a variety of styles and colors. If we do not have a wig that fits your needs, the American Cancer Society will provide a wig voucher.
- The St. Elizabeth Cancer Resource Center also offers many items such as scarves, turbans, port pillows and prayer blankets made lovingly by various volunteers, churches and homemaker clubs. These items are donated free to our patients.
- Educational materials – the American Cancer Society has trained volunteers staffing the St. Elizabeth Cancer Resource Center Library. These volunteers are also available to help patients with researching cancers, treatment options and other important information.
- Knitted Knockers – the St. Elizabeth Healthcare Cancer Center is now offering free Knitted Knockers, a comfortable and affordable alternative to a traditional prosthesis that can be worn with a regular bra. The fit can be customized by adding and subtracting regular Poly-Fill. Once adjusted, the string is pulled tight and tied in a bow.
- Knitted Knockers are made with love by various community volunteers with materials graciously provided by The Vicky Horwitz Fund through the St. Elizabeth Foundation.
To learn more about the services offered at the St. Elizabeth Cancer Resource Center, please call (859) 301-5476.