Looking for a last-minute appetizer to add to your New Year’s Eve celebration?
Look no further than this spiced almonds recipe. With only three ingredients, this recipe is perfect for last-minute preparation and presentation.
Yield: 16 servings | 1.5 -2 hours total
- 1 lb. of raw whole almonds
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp. Chinese 5 spice powder
- Heat oven to 250 ° F.
- Toss almonds with egg white and 5 spice powder.
- Place almonds on a non-stick baking sheet and place it in the oven.
- Roast almonds for about 1 – 1 1/2 hours, or until crisp.
- Allow almonds to cool slightly.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 7 days.
- 170 calories
- 15 g fat
- 7 g carbohydrates
- 6 g protein
- 0 mg cholesterol
- 0 mg sodium
Recipe courtesy of Chef Chris Crowley at St. Elizabeth Healthcare. Shared with permission.