Athletes and non-athletes alike could all use a little more energy throughout the day and these energy bites are the perfect way to get a quick boost.
Packed with peanut butter, honey, coconut and chia seeds, they also provide a nutritional punch.
See the recipe below or click here to download a printable version.
Easy, No-Bake Energy Bites
- 1/2 cup peanut or almond butter
- 1/4 cup light tasting oil, such as coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups whole rolled oats (chopped lightly in food processor)
- 1 1/4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds (optional)
- 1/4 cup flax seed (ground)
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Stir together peanut butter, oil and honey in a small mixing bowl until smooth
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over dry ingredients and mix until evenly combined.
- Chill for 20 minutes to make mixture easier to handle.
- Form mixture into desired size and number of balls.
- Place in container and chill for 30 minutes.
- Enjoy! Energy balls can be stored in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.