It is difficult to lead an active and independent life when you are struggling to breathe. Sometimes the effort of just getting through the day can take all of your strength and hope for a meaningful life, but it doesn’t have to be that way. St. Elizabeth Healthcare offers a Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program specifically for individuals with chronic lung disease. Whether you’ve had lung disease for a long time, or have been recently diagnosed, pulmonary rehabilitation may help you regain control and lead a more active and productive life.
There are many benefits of pulmonary rehabilitation. It is a safe, effective way to help:
- Improve physical strength and endurance
- Manage your respiratory symptoms (shortness of breath and/or cough)
- Improve your self-confidence and encourage your sense of well-being
- Reduce frequent hospitalization and shorten length of stay
- Learn how to better manage lung problems