To download a pdf of this article, please click here.
News Room: BUSINESS COURIER: Courier names 2013 Health Care Heroes
The Business Courier
The Business Courier is proud to announce our 2013 lineup of Health Care Heroes.
The annual program honors those who have made an impact on health care in our community through their concern for patients, their research and inventions, their management skills, their innovative programs for employees and their service to the poor and uninsured.
The finalists, by category, are:
- Bob Donovan, Center for Respite Care
- Vickie Henderson, Northern Kentucky Children's Advocacy Center
- OneSight Vision Center at Oyler School
- Vicky Ott, Fernside
- Don Rohling, Mercy Health
- Dr. Robert Tracy, St. Elizabeth Healthcare
- Dr. Yousuf Ahmad, Mercy Health
- Ken Fields, Appro-Rx
- Dr. John Hawkins, Linder Center of Hope
- Dr. Phil Lichtenstein, The Children's Home of Cincinnati
- Dr. Christopher McPherson, Mayfield Clinic/UC Health
- Linda Robinson, St. Elizabeth Healthcare
- Dr. George Atweh, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine/UC Health
- Dr. Patricia Carey, Hoxworth Blood Center, University of Cincinnati
- Midge Hines, Caracole Inc.
- Donald Holmes, Cincinnati Eye Institute Foundation
- Joni McElroy, Mercy Health
- Donna Parsons, St. Elizabeth Healthcare
- Dr. Jose Barreau, TriHealth
- Dr. Alexei Grom, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Dr. Yash Patil, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine/UC Health
- Dr. William Polzin, TriHealth
- Jewel Porter, Christ Hospital Health Network
- Teresa Staubach, Mercy Health
A winner in each category will be named at our Feb. 26 awards dinner, planned for the Duke Energy Convention Center downtown.