Physical Therapy is a service that is utilized for a wide range of injuries and conditions. This page will give you tips and recommendations that St. Elizabeth Physical Therapists share with their patients on a regular basis.
As always, in case of emergency, always call 911 or go to your nearest Emergency Room.
Physical Therapy Do's
- Do stay hydrated. Drink even when you are not feeling thirsty.
- Do stretch often.
- Do follow the RICE method (rest, ice, compression, elevation) if you sustain an injury that is not a medical emergency (i.e. ankle sprain).
- Do schedule an appointment with a physical therapist within 30 days if you get a prescription for physical therapy.
- Do stop whatever you are doing if you start to feel pain.
Physical Therapy Don'ts
- Don’t play through an injury that is painful, results in a decrease in range of motion or causes limping.
To read more about other areas where Physical Therapy can help (such as sprains, inner ear issues, gardening and yard work, backpack safety and snow shoveling) please click here.