Clinical and certified social workers are assigned to Edgewood, Florence and Covington and work within the Social Service Department. These social workers are assigned to units and programs whose patients have a higher level of psychosocial need. These areas include:
- Behavioral Health – Edgewood
- Emergency Departments – All campuses
- Mental Health Unit – Florence
- Cancer Care – Edgewood, Ft.Thomas, Grant
- Maternal Child Health and Clinics – Edgewood
Social Worker Functions
- Psychosocial Assessments – Comprehensive assessments which establish an appropriate plan of care.
- Clinical Social Work – Focus on evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of emotional and mental illnesses.
- Resource Identification – Hospital and community based services which meet patient/family needs.
- Patient/Family Education and Counseling – Interventions to enhance problem solving and coping.
- Collaboration with Health Care Team – Achieves optimal patient outcomes.
Phone: (859) 301-2275
Office Hours: Monday – Friday
7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.