St. Elizabeth Palliative Care operates an outpatient clinic located in the Outpatient Cancer Care at St. Elizabeth Edgewood for oncology patients with pain and symptom management issues. This is a physician referral service that currently offers an advanced practice registered nurse (APRN) and a master’s level social worker who can provide both palliative psycho-social support and medical treatment. The clinic operates on a limited schedule (currently open on Tuesdays from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm) and appointments are made through outpatient cancer care.
To schedule an appointment, please call (859) 301-2238.
- Enhance quality of life for the patient and caregivers
- Assess and effectively manage pain and other disease related symptoms
- Identify and address emotional adjustment, social support and spiritual concerns
- Discuss treatment preferences, available options and Advance Directives
- Anticipate future care needs and coordinate services
- Improve communication among patients, caregivers and healthcare