Looking for the perfect addition to your upcoming barbecue or picnic? Or, maybe you just need a healthy snack for the kids this summer.
Either way, these sweet potato nachos are the way to go.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TSP chili powder
- 1 TSP garlic powder
- 1 1/2 TSP paprika
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat, shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1-2 jalapenos, sliced (optional)
- 1-2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425. Line baking pans with foil or use nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, toss the rounds with olive oil, chili powder, garlic powder and paprika. Spread evenly on prepared pans. Bake for 10 minutes and use a spatula to flip the sweet potato rounds. Bake for another 5-10 minutes or until crisp.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle beans, green pepper and cheese over the sweet potatoes. Return to oven until cheese melts, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with tomato, jalapeno, green onions and avocado. Enjoy!