Celebrate the best of the season with these brightly-colored rainbow bowls, filled with kale, purple cabbage, peppers, carrots and tomatoes.
Click here to download a printable version or continue scrolling for the recipe.
For Rainbow Bowls:
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, spiralized
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 cups curly kale, cut into ribbons
- 2 cups thinly sliced purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup edamame, shelled and cooked
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 8 ounces cooked brown rice noodles
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (for massaging kale)
For Tamari-Ginger Dressing:
- 1/4 cup peanut or almond butter
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (optional)
- Combine kale with 1/4 cup fresh lime juice and massage until tender and slightly wilted, about two minutes. Cut into thin ribbons.
- In a small bowl, combine the nut butter, lime juice, tamari, ginger, garlic and honey. Add sriracha if desired. Whisk until smooth. Add the almond milk and whisk to combine. Chill until ready to use. Re-stir before adding to salad.
- In a large bowl, combine the pepper, cucumber, carrot, tomatoes, kale, cabbage, cilantro, chives, edamame, sunflower seeds and brown rice noodles. Add dressing and toss.