Craving the flavors of fall, and want an all-in-one dish to serve for brunch this weekend?
This healthy quiche recipe from the American Heart Association has all that and much more.
Unfortunately, like many other comfort foods, cheese-laden quiche is not usually known for its health benefits, but with this lightened-up version, you truly can have your quiche and eat it, too.
With just 136 calories per serving (and only five grams of fat!), this is one satisfying meal you don’t have to feel guilty about. See the full recipe below:
- 1 medium sweet potato, washed
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 6 slices turkey bacon, thinly sliced
- 1, 10- oz. packaged, frozen, chopped spinach, thawed
- 3/4 tsp. dried dill
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. fat-free feta cheese