If you like chicken salad, you’ll love this fresh take on an old favorite! Lose the bread for a low-carb lunch with this chicken salad lettuce wrap.
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon or yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1/4 cup red or green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8–10 butter lettuce leaves, 4 romaine leaves, 2 cups mixed greens, or whole wheat wraps
- In a medium bowl, mash avocado with yogurt, mustard and lime juice.
- Stir in cilantro, onion, garlic powder and chicken cubes until just combined.
- Season chicken salad with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill lettuce leaves with chicken salad and serve immediately. Alternatively, serve atop a bed of mixed greens or in a wrap. Enjoy!