The fall temperatures are approaching, but, for now, we’re still obsessed with these refreshing wraps that are extremely filling and satisfying all our summer cravings. If you’re craving fresh, crisp vegetables, look no further than this wrap that incorporates cucumbers, bean sprouts, red onions and avocado. The beans and chipotle peppers add a southwestern flare and zesty taste.
Creamy Cannellini Bean and Avocado Wraps
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 medium cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1/3 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 4 10-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, chipotle peppers, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add cabbage, carrot, cucumber and cilantro; toss to combine.
- In another medium bowl, mash beans and avocado with a fork. Stir in onion.
- To assemble the wraps, spread ½ cup of the bean-avocado mixture onto a tortilla and top with about 2/3 cup of the vegetable mixture. Add bean sprouts. Roll up and repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Cut the wraps in half and serve. For on-the-go eating, wrap foil around the tortilla and peel back as you go.