National Registry EMT-B Course
To apply for this class, please click here to download the application.
: Before applying for this class, please review the information on this page to ensure that you meet all requirements.
This course is designed to train individuals who are interested in Emergency Medical Service. Upon completion of this course, students will be certified as a National Registry EMT-B.
Criteria for Enrollment
In order to enroll in this class, applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age by the date of the National Registry Exam
- Hold a valid drivers license
- Be of good moral character
- Hold a high school diploma or GED by the date of the final exam
- Understand, read, speak and write the English language with a comprehension and performance level equal to at least the 9th to 12th grade level
- Submit a signed application for Emergency Medical Technician Basic Certification
- NOT be a convicted felon
- Be covered by Workers Compensation or have insurance to cover if an injury is sustained during class or clinical time
- Be vaccinated for Hepatitis B or be in the process of being vaccinated
General Course Information
Lead Course Instructor
Matt Bryant, EMT-P
Debbie Szurlinski, EMT-P
Classes will be held at the Boone County Fire Training Center on Tuesday & Thursday evenings, beginning on August 26, 2014, from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Vehicle extrication class will be held on a Saturday (date to be announced).
The deadline to apply for this class is August 20, 2014.
EMT-B Class & Books: $500.00 (Due at registration)
Student Liability Insurance: $30.00 (Paid separate and due by midterm)
National Registry Testing
Practical: $50.00 (Due at completion of class)
KBEMS: $40.00 (Due at completion of class)
Written: $70.00 (Due upon completion of final exam)
Please Note: Testing fees are subject to change.
Course fees include books, pocket mask and CPR certification. Price does not include final testing or National Registry written testing. For more information, contact Debbie Szurlinski at (859) 212-5021 or by email.